Friday, February 5, 2010

looks too good to use

Have you ever purchased something that looks too good to use? I mentioned these unique japanese notepads a while back, placed my order, and you should have seen my excitement when they arrived! They are super innovative and a great addition to our desk space. The only problem is that every time I go to tear off one of the pieces of paper to jot down a note, a serious feeling of guilt comes over me. I don't want to ruin how beautiful they are! You would think that I could get over it since I order 3 apples and 3 pears, but I have yet to use the notepads for their intended purpose! I think they would be a charming gift for a school teacher (especially the apples) or the foodie in your life. I secretly want to order more...but have run out of desk space to display them (especially if they are never going to be used up!)

3 comments:

jenniferhoiyin said...

i do this all the time, even when i was a kid. i wouldn't color in certain coloring books because I wanted to keep them forever. so silly.

Laura D said...

They are too cute to use! I think my teacher friend would love those. But the pear would look great in my kitchen. Clever find.

Julie E. said...

These are too cute! Just ordered a whole bushel for myself and teacher gifts.