Friday, June 19, 2009

Blueberry Delight

Robby grew up having blueberry muffins with dinner. Up until we were married, I had never heard of such a thing! Every now and then we would have the occasional "breakfast" for "dinner," but blueberry muffins would never show up to the table alongside a roast and mashed potatoes. I think it's a fabulous idea and one that we are going to implement on a regular basis. It's like killing two birds with one stone...a little bit sweet and a little bit savory. I'd post a recipe, but I haven't nailed a winner yet. Last time around I got a little bit carried away with the lemon zest. Robby didn't say anything but I can read him like a book.

3 comments:

Emily Frame said...

if he could handle a cookie instead of a muffin-- this one is to die for

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/almond-blueberry-cookies-recipe/index.html

k. said...

My mom has my very favorite recipe. I'll pass it along to you. Warning: contains shortening, but they are oh-so-delicious.

Betsy said...

Klint thought it was so weird that I would make blueberry muffins for dinner when we first got married (say, with pepper steak or sweet and sour chicken) but like you, he caught on. I'm not sure how my mom ever worked blueberry muffins into her dinner repertoire, but now there are some meals that I just can't imagine without them. Welcome to being a part of our crazy family! :)

PS We grew up with the Jiffy brand muffins --you know, the 50 cent box -- and though I've tried other recipes and boxes, I still love them best for dinner because they are just the right sweet. Let me know which recipe you love best!