Monday, January 26, 2009

results

I hope you got a chance to celebrate National Pie Day and enjoyed it as much as we did. I documented the big day with photos for your viewing pleasure.

On the agenda was Chicken Pot Pie & Banana Cream. For many of my childhood years, I always requested a Banana Cream Pie from this classic joint on my birthday instead of cake. I get the "what's your favorite food" question a lot and most often my answer is this delectable dessert. Usually that leads into the "do you have a good recipe for that" question. Up until now, I haven't been able to suggest a recipe because nothing has ever been able to trump the good ole' cream pie from Maddox. Well...this was my best attempt and it was pretty darn good. You can find both the banana cream pie & the chicken pot pie recipes here. I'm trying to utilize kelsey'skitchen.com a bit more by rotating recipes and jazzing things up a bit. It's a work in progress.

Robby & I (mainly me) decided that January 23rd will definitely be a celebrated holiday in our home from here on out. The tradition goes something like this:
-Purchase a lovely new pie plate-
-Bake a new pie that we've never made before-
-Bake an extra pie (or two)-
-Give pie to someone we really like-
-Record date, recipient, and recipe title on bottom of pie plate-

Happy future pie baking!

0 comments: