Friday, January 23, 2009

good morning

First of all...Happy Pie Day! You have no idea how excited I am to be a pie baking goddess today. It has ignited more excitement in me than I had originally anticipated. But I did have another experience this morning that made my heart skip a small beat.

As I opened up my kitchen cupboard this morning, I was greeted by a charming sky blue latte bowl that was anxiously awaiting its first bowl of cereal. My dear mother gave me 4 of these delightful bowls for Christmas, and it has taken me up until now to purchase a cereal flavor worth the big debut. That brings me to another ray of sunshine this morning (on a cloudy day)...if you are a resident in Happy Valley, hop on over to Maceys for a deal on childhood cereal flavors that you can't pass up. I purchased 5 boxes for $7.00! My selection this morning...Capn' Crunch Berries.

Off to bake a pie...

4 comments:

Kelly M said...

I happen to be eating some Crunch Berries as I read this! That's pirate cereal at our house. :)

Happy Pie Day to you. . . I wish I lived close enough to receive one of your pies! I do have a Marie Callendars pie in my freezer that we didn't use for Thanksgiving (due to our pukes). . . maybe today is that day to get it out. I've never made my own pies before. Maybe next year I'll celebrate this holiday by trying it out. It's just not gonna happen this year, though. :)

Josie said...

That is really so funny THAT was your cereal of choice! haha- but what can I say, its my Hubby's favorate as well!

Off to maceys for some cereal!

Julie E. said...

We're definitely sugar cereal lovers around here. Yum. I can't wait to see some pictures of your pies : ).

Betsy said...

Hey! I just used these same coupons today at our local joint! I used ALL of the cereal ones plus the Ragu ones, too. So I scored 25 boxes of cereal (LOTS of Crunch Berries -- our fave, too) and 10 jars of Ragu for under $50! (So I'm a little excited. . .)

Happy Pie Day to You! I've never made a pie (sad I know), but coincidentally am making my first ever cinnamon rolls. So, I like to think of myself as a celebrator. :) Hope yours turn out yummy!

Is Waitress a cute show? I've wondered.