Monday, January 26, 2009

vindication

As I was browsing leisurely at Williams Sonoma in search for the perfect pie plate, one of the employees caught me off guard by exclaiming, "I've been thinking about you lately!" (as if we were long lost friends that had been meaning to get in touch for years) She then went on to say that it lit her fire when she opened her Martha Stewart: Everyday Food magazine for the month and found a Sloppy Joe recipe featured. (in addition to the 12 recipes currently featured on her website)

Anyone who watched NFNS remembers my embarassing Martha moment when she asked for a fork to taste my sloppy joe recipe. To top it all off she felt that it was necessary to tell the judges (& all of America) that she "doesn't eat that kind of food," thus leaving me teary eyed and in the bottom two.

Well my friends, she may not eat that kind of food, but she's got no problem suggesting it to the rest of America. Vindication. To top it all off, Williams Sonoma is currently selling a very classy sloppy joe sauce. I almost bought a bottle just to enjoy the moment.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

That IS some vindication!!! I thought Martha was so unfair to you during that episode.

JonesFamily said...

Love it this made me laugh!!

Chelsie said...

haha, oh martha...she's such a nut! i'm glad she's not too good to post a recipe in her magazine. i love your pie traditions! and would have to agree that maddox banana cream is SO good! so i will have to give your recipe a try.

Betsy said...

Martha is such a wench.

Julie E. said...

You should send Martha a jar of YOUR sauce...

Panda Queen said...

That is awesome.

Diana said...

That is so cool. Way to go!