Thursday, January 22, 2009

National Pie Day

Yep...tomorrow 1/23 is National Pie Day

When : Always January 23rd

Why: The American Pie Council created this day simply to celebrate the pie.

National Pie Day is a special day that is set aside to bake and cook all of your favorite pies. On this day, you are also encouraged to bake a few new pie recipes. And most importantly, it's a day to eat pies!

I will be celebrating this food holiday by purchasing a fantastic pie plate or better yet, pie making kit. On the menu for the Egan household is Chicken Pot Pie for dinner followed by a Banana Cream Pie. (personal favorite since age 7) We will be watching the, oh so charming movie Waitress and I'm sure I will try and devise a plan in my head to try and make millions by baking humble pies. (which will not be successful)

Depending on my ambition levels tomorrow, I may even bake a few extras and deliver them to people I really like. That right there seems to be a tradition that I could really embrace.

1 comments:

Mike Clement said...

Are we going to get any pie recipes today? :)