WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO (Mom will like this one!)
1 oz olive oil
1 oz cremini or other wild mushrooms, quartered
1/2 shallot minced
4 oz. arborio rice (risotto)
1 tsp. thyme leaves
1 fl. oz white wine
12-20 fl. oz mushroom stock
1 oz. butter
1/2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
kosher salt, and white pepper, as needed
1. Heat olive oil in a sauce pan.
2. Add mushrooms and saute until they are tender and golden. Pull out and set aside.
3. Add the shallots and sweat until translucent.
4. Add the Arborio rice and cook until hot and well coated with olive oil.
5. Add thyme and stir.
6. Deglaze with white wine. Reduce au sec.
7. Ladle in stock 4 oz. at a time. Stir continually until liquid reduces au sec.
8. Gently stir and continue to ad some of the mushroom stock until the rice is tender, but still al dente. Add sauteed mushrooms and heat briefly while mixing.
9. When done, correct consistency by adding mushroom stock if necessary. Stir to combine.
10. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add kosehr salt and white pepper as needed.
11. Finish with butter. (of course.)
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Posted by Kelsey at 10:41 AM