1 1/4 pound russet potatoes, peeled, cut into sixths
4 oz. milk
4 oz. cream
2 oz. butter, softened
Kosher salt and white pepper, as needed
Parsley, chopped, as needed
1. In a 2 quart saucepan cover potatoes with room temperature water and season with salt.
2. Bring water to boil and simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Drain the potatoes in a strainer and return to baking sheet. In a 400 degree oven, bake the potatoes for 10-12 minutes allowing the potatoes to dry out as much as possible. (this will allow for the potatoes to absorb more of the cream and butter and taste better!)
4. Push potatoes through a food mill or mash with method of choice.
5. Combine milk an cream mixture and the butter alternately into the potatoes. Add as much liquid as is necessary for the desired consistency.
6. Season as necessary and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Posted by Kelsey at 10:35 AM