Saturday, June 30, 2007

I'M FINALLY UPDATING!


I sincerely apologize for not posting sooner! It slipped my mind for a few days, and a few days became a few MORE days. I'm posting several fantastic recipes that can all be made easily from a home kitchen. As for an update with school, I'm just getting ready to complete my first round of finals. We have a fnals week every six weeks to evaluate and test our skills. It's very difficult to walk in and have six dishes to complete in 2 hours with no recipes, measurements, or methods. It all has to be completed from memory! I get my final grade for the term on Monday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

POMMES DAUPHINOISE (or really good scalloped potatoes)

Ingredients:
1/2 oz. butter
1 garlic clove, minced
24 oz. russet potatoes peeled
kosher salt and white pepper, as needed
4 fl. oz. heavy cream
2 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated

Method:
1. Grease a small saute pan with butter.
2. Slice the potatoes, crosswise into a 1/8" thick circles. Be careful to keep the slices in the same order as they are cut from the potato. Work quickly to prevent to potato from turning brown.
3. Arrange the slices in the pan and season with kosher salt an pepper, and minced garlic as you build the layers.
4. Immediately pour hte heavy cream over the potatoes and cover with the Gruyere cheese.
5 Bake at 375 or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese has browned.
6. Let cool slightly to room temp. and cut one triangular slice.

0 comments: