Wednesday, August 18, 2010

recipe book

There's a certain charm that comes with writing down something that is special to you. Whether your composing a thoughtful thank you note or journaling about your most recent vacation, you cannot replace a handwritten note. Because cooking has become such a huge part of my life, I want to make an effort to write down more of my original recipes that I make over and over again and have been at the center of some of my favorite memories.This recipe book was perfect for this purpose. The design paired with the thick pieces of paper and slotted corners on each page for slipping old favorites from the family make this a great gift as well. I'm planning to purchase a few extras as wedding gifts. I'll include just a few of my favorites and hopefully prompt the receiver to write down theirs. For another wedding idea, why not purchase the book and have friends and family record their favorite recipes either at your bridal shower or wedding reception.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

oooo, is that the same one I saw from Anthropologie? I almost picked it up, I actually might go back and get it. Adorable!

Was in Chelsea Market a few weeks ago and saw it. Love NYC, can't wait to visit again :)

Thanks for reminding me that I want to go get that cute recipe book!!

Tauni said...

I am kind of in love with this recipe book. It is lovely. Thank you for sharing.