Thursday, April 1, 2010

A La Cuisine!

Last summer I had the amazing opportunity to participate as a judge on an Iron Chef America battle in the infamous Kitchen Stadium. I definitely checked something off my bucket list that day. I wish I could put into words how incredible the food and the overall experience was. It's the type of experience I'll tell my kids about one day.If you're interested in tuning in, the episode airs this Sunday evening, April 4th. Check here for more air dates. I'm actually terrified to see myself...my hair desperately needed to be colored, the dress was purchased literally 2 hours before I left, and I think I overused the word "exquisite." Fingers crossed that I contributed a few intelligent comments and that I didn't smack my lips on camera. (yes, the food was that good)

17 comments:

Casey said...

Yay!!! I can't wait. You know I'll be watching this. And ps, your hair looks amazing. I don't know what you're talking about. :)

anna said...

i'm so excited to watch you! i love love iron chef!

JonesFamily said...

Your family just left my house! They came for a visit and fed us -- I sure love them and you!! So excited for Sunday night...

Joanna Galbraith said...

Yay! Can't wait to watch!

Julie E. said...

So exciting! We can't wait to watch.

Angie said...

Can't wait to see it! Exciting! And I'm sure you were fabulous.

jenniferhoiyin said...

how awesome! i bet you were just wonderful. wish i had food network still.

Betsy said...

As I was folding laundry this morning, I thought to call you to see when this would air. How exciting that I didn't miss it! Can't wait!

Jill said...

Ahh! I'm so glad I checked your fun blog, I never would have known. You are so modest. You need to tell me these things (not via the internet) :), I LOVE Iron Chef. Can't wait to watch.

Chad Carly and Baby Cash said...

You were incredible and you looked incredible. I am so proud of you! I think you are simply amazing.

erin said...

gah! i missed it. i was somewhere in delaware when it aired, i think. definitely checking out when it's on again... i bet you were fabulous.

k. said...

Kelsey, it was so great! Loved your dress, you looked great all around & you just sounded so PROFESSIONAL. Which you are, obviously. But still! We were so proud. Good job.

xo

The Egans said...

It was so fun to watch Kelsey! Thanks for letting us know about it! What a fun experience! You were absolutely darling as usual!

Unknown said...

Kelsey, When I watched you on The Next Food Network Star, I was impressed by you at the time. I thought you seemed very ADHD, but I loved you anyway. Watching you on Iron Chef, you seemed so calm and composed! I was truely impressed at how "exquisitely" you were able to express yourself. You were great!

Anonymous said...

How was the leekitini?

Anonymous said...

Great Job! Hope to see you more often.

Anonymous said...

My mom and I were fans of yours on the Next Food Network Star. We were happy to see you as a judge on Iron Chef. We were curious how you would handle the cocktail, but it looked like you did drink some.