Tuesday, November 3, 2009

thank you

Thank you! Thank you! for all of the pumpkin ideas. (keep em comin') This lovely Pumpkin Risotto was a success last night right around 11:00pm. I cheated and used orzo instead of arborio rice, but the flavors and textures came together just right. One more round of testing and I'll post the recipe. I think this would be a lovely side dish on Turkey Day. There are currently 4 pretty pumpkin creme brulees baking away in my oven. If they taste as good as they look, we are in good shape folks.
In non-pumpkin news, I popped into Williams Sonoma today and first longed for my once 40% discount, and then fell in love with this ever so sweet kids cookie/cupcake decorating kit. Let the Christmas wishlisting begin.

3 comments:

LadyEm said...

My favorite Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are from Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pumpkin-whoopie-pies?autonomy_kw=pumpkin whoopie pie Perfectly spicy, creamy, and cakey! Good luck! That Pumpkin Risotto looks so yummy.

robyn said...

ohh how cute!!! i want that!

Teri's Blog said...

I love WS!!!