Friday, November 20, 2009

baking

Today I've been baking up a storm which in turn has increased the temperature in our apartment to 80 degrees! Did you know that in old pre-war buildings you can't control the heat, so even when it is 60 degrees outside in November the heat blares through those darn radiators! I baked 6 batches of cookies today for an exciting project that I will let you in on when it is published. In the meantime, if I were thinking about stocking up on baking essentials for the holidays, these are a few things that I would make sure to have on hand.
Cookie Scoop Nothing makes me happier that perfectly proportioned cookies that bake up evenly.
Bench Scraper Excellent for getting those pie crusts and homemade breads to come together nicely when making by hand and also great for portioning scones and such.
Timer Ok, so you may have a functioning timer on your oven, but let's be honest, is there a better time of year to splurge on something like this?
Parchment Paper Clean up is a cinch with parchment paper and is also great for even baking.
Mini-Spatula Not sure why I love this one so much, but I swear that I'm always looking for my petite spatula to dish up brownies, cookies or something else delicious.

1 comments:

Teresa said...

i just got myself a mini spatula not 2 weeks ago. i don't why it took me this long.
those choco coconut beauties look amazing! can't wait to see what you're up to.