Thursday, October 22, 2009

edible holiday decor

Just when I was picking up some speed on daily posts...I neglect the blog for a week. My apologies. Last week included some travel, (both work & leisure) family visits, and a red eye that apparently took 3 days to recover from. All better now.
Not sure about you, but we are itching for the holidays around here. I would like to be festive and adorn our 500-600 square feet with some holiday-ish decor. I've recently realized that I cannot buy any sort of decorations that require storage because we simply don't have it. We're lucky if we can find a place to store our socks, let alone a wreath! So I've decided that all decorations must be edible or otherwise disposable. Halloween has resulted in candy corn filled old milk bottles. It's the best I can do. I guess the Christmas Tree will include popcorn balls, strung cranberries, gingerbread men and candy canes. Any ideas folks?

2 comments:

Andy said...

One year we hot glued mini-pretzels together into little wreaths, then wove a red ribbon through and made a loop at the top. Viola! Inexpensive ornaments for the tree. Then our dog ate them. Grr.

chandelier said...

That such a great Idea!