Thursday, August 6, 2009

chefs vs city

For anyone who is interested...I will be on an episode of a new series tomorrow night (Friday, August 7th) at 10 EST. The format of the show is best described below:

"In the season premiere of Chefs vs. City, chefs Aarón Sánchez and Chris Cosentino jump right into their first challenge and hit the streets of New York City to battle fellow Food Network stars Claire Robinson of 5 Ingredient Fix and Food 2’s Kelsey Nixon of Kelsey & Spike Cook. During five intense challenges, the teams take on a taste-test at Dylan’s Candy Bar before heading to Russ & Daughters, a culinary landmark in New York City. To wrap up the extreme challenges, the teams heads to The Brick Lane Curry House to devour the hottest dish in the world."

Taping the show was the best of times and the worst of times. Don't get me wrong...I had a blast! But I did things that I never would have done if it weren't for being put on the spot, on television, on Food Network. (Claire and I were willing to do anything to win!) Being the Amazing Race fan that I am, this was the perfect way for me to channel my inner competitor and take on the food scene in NYC like it was nobody's business. I have no doubt that this show will be a huge hit. It is a privilege to be part of the series kickoff and I can't wait to watch the success of Chefs vs City unfold.

Let me know what you think...


6 comments:

Alyssa said...

hi Kelsey - not sure if you remember me but we were once in the same ward here in NYC . . . a while ago. I stumbled onto your blog somehow and just wanted to say I really enjoy it and I will definitely check out this show! I have been curious about it based on the commercials so this was a great reminder to set my dvr. Thanks! Alyssa

Kate Hulet said...

WHOO!! cant wait to see it!!!!! to bad i dont have TV during this dumb remodel! but will it come on the computer?? ~kate

Lizzey said...

In case you don't remember, this is Amanda Egan's friend Lizzey, and your biggest fan! I couldn't watch your show last night, but I recorded it, so I'm watching it right now. I'm watching the part where you have to eat the crazy hot dish. I would never be able to eat that!

Panda Queen said...

Oh dear, Lizzey...

Anyway, we loved watching you on Chefs vs. City this week! So fun, and so crazy that you did all that! Its so weird to think of you and Robby living in New York now... it's so big! :) Love you!

Chelsea and Cody said...

I missed it! I am so bummed...do you know when it will run again?? Thanks!

k. said...

You need to let us know when it airs again. Maybe we saw it on our tivo for mid-September? Is that right? Anyway, do tell.