Monday, June 22, 2009

NFNS 5

Anybody watching? It is such a surreal experience to watch this season having gone through it last season. I've really loved the challenges so far and I'm terribly jealous that I was one season off from meeting Ina Garten. Cooking at the Barefoot Contessa would have been a dream...

I am really surprised at all of the "throwing under the bus" that is going on. Play nice finalists! It's hard enough to be away from your family & friends with no support system. Yikes...I can't imagine the tension that was floating around their living quarters. I agree with the decision to send Eddie home last night, but I think Teddy sealed the deal on his ticket home for next week. He will really have to shine to redeem himself. When it is all said and done, I think that he has probably dug himself into a deep hole that he won't be able to get out of. Next week looks like it's a rough one for the whole bunch. I wonder who will get the boot...

5 comments:

Carly said...

We're totally watching. I can't even imagine how hard it is to be away from everyone you love and then have all this animosity between the finalists! I thought they should have booted both of them! :)

Lewis said...

Like:
Debbie, Jamika and Jeffrey

Debbie is very comfortable when presenting and I like the idea of an Asian influenced show.

Jamika is absolutely charming, what a smile and down to earth.

Jeffrey is very confident and polished but I am not sure what his culinary point of view is.

Next to go:
Teddy or Katie

Teddy is a train wreck.
Katie just won't drop the condescending healthy food angle. I am not sure she can cook.

The rest
Melissa is sweet but seems to be on the edge of a melt-down.
Michael makes good food but needs to dial is down a notch.

Mike Clement said...

I think it was Eddie over Teddy because Eddie had absolutely no remorse for his attitude and Teddy seemed to just go into survival mode and couldn't help himself... not an excuse for what was clearly unprofessional behavior though. It'll be interesting to see if he pulls it together.

This season seems to have more "drama" than past seasons which kinda annoys me some since I just want to get to the food ;)

Kaylyn said...

I couldn't agree more. I was so mad at Eddie and Teddy on the last episode. Neither of them were playing nice.

I think that Jamika or Debbie will be the winner this season. They are both good in the kitchen, with great personalities too.

P.S. I was driving home from work the other day, and guess who I saw on a Billboard at point of the mountain....

Chelsea and Cody said...

I am loving it this season, but I agree, there is a lot of "throwing under the bus". Bummer! After this week I like Melissa...she started to really impress me!