Friday, September 12, 2008

tradition


I'm a huge fan of traditions. One of my favorite from my childhood is my mom making cookies on the first day of school. Every year I'd look forward to walking through the door on an Autumn afternoon being enticed by the smell of goodness coming from the oven. Well, now that I officially have a small family of my own (a.k.a Robby), I wanted to make sure that I didn't neglect this nostalgic tradition. Robby prefers dough, so on his first day of school, he came to good ole' fashioned chocolate chip cookie dough.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped nuts

    PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

    COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

    BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
* recipe courtesy Nestle (haven't found a better one yet)

7 comments:

lyn. said...

It made my heart happy to know that there is at least one other person in the world that prefers cookie dough to the cookies... LOL

Adam & Ady said...

I love your blog! I also like dough more than cookies. I have another chocolate chip cookie recipe that is amazing. I have so many good dessert recipes and whenever I have to make something and am willing to make something more challenging...everyone always just wants me to make cookies. I don't get it. But they are really good if you want to try it.

Panda Queen said...

Well... my mom makes pretty amazing cookies. ( :

David said...

funny that you haven't found one better than nestle, me neither...

Fernando said...

What about the Neiman Marcus recipe? I'm a big fan of those.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/service/nm_cookie_recipe.jhtml

I generally nix the coffee powder or I substitue cocoa powder instead.

Deamers said...

Kelsey, I'm sure you're sick of getting notes like this, my name is Katie (Wood) Deamer. I am just a looser fan, I found your blog I hope you don't care. I graduated from Weber in '01. But I don't think we really know each other at all. But I was reading your past blogs, and I wanted to tell you that I am slightly obsessed with Zeppes, and just so you know it closes the 20th of September, so if you're up here by home you better go get in one last taste! ( I won't say this again but I think you did so good on the show, I know you're probably so sick of people saying that, but I thought you were amazing.)

Anonymous said...

michael kors bags hvfznznl michael kors handbags fwszwhgh michael kors outlet lcsedxwd michael kors purse dhsmoway michael kors purses nxgfyjmo michael kors sale zosiqaex michael kors mwrtdcwe