Tuesday, September 2, 2008

just peachy

I finally made my decision on my fair food demo...I'm going for the fancy touch. I wanted to highlight a local ingredient that is a favorite of mine this time of year. Growing up, I have wonderful memories of stopping by the fruit stands across the street from Maddox in Willard, UT and picking up a crate of peaches to make cobbler that tastes better that Christmas morning. I came up with this recipe that is divine and yet, oh...so simple.

Spiced Peach Bruschetta served over a Cinnamon Toasted Baguette slices
topped with Candied Pecans


Yield: 8 servings

INGREDIENTS:
• 24 1/4-inch baguette slices
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup chopped peaches and/or nectarines
• 1/2 cup chopped plums
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped glazed pecans

PREPARATION:
1. Lay the baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Stir together the butter, 4 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon and spread on one side of each baguette slice. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly and bread is lightly browned on the edges. Stir together the remaining brown sugar, fruit and lime juice in a small bowl. Spoon equal amounts over the bread slices and sprinkle with pecans.


3 comments:

AlliSMiles said...

yum! i can't wait to try it. and Maddox is a total family tradition! love it!

Sarah said...

that sounds pretty yummy!

Tay and Teigan said...

I found this on a google search and tried it out tonight. WE LOVED IT! I hope you don't mind, I posted it on our blog to spread the goodness :).