Sunday, May 4, 2008

NFNS 4


So that secret that I had been keeping for the past 3 months is finally fully exposed! (and I can talk about it...without breaking my confidentiality agreement of course) Last September I auditioned for a show called Next Food Network Star. I have been watching the show for years and in a round about way auditioning for the show played a part in the creation of Kelsey's Kitchen. (Yes, I auditioned for the show in 2004 and it was horrendous.) This year they had open call auditions which really helped me in landing a spot because I was able to give my press kit and reel to the casting agency. After waiting for months, I found out I was selected as a finalist for the show right around Christmas. I then left for New York City, ten days after graduating from culinary school, and found myself wrapped up in the biggest challenge of my life. (no pun intended) I can't even begin to describe the difficulty of being on the show. NO contact with the outside world and culinary battles day after day. It's a good thing that I didn't know how difficult things would be or else I may have chickened out. I really learned a lot about my strengths and weaknesses while living with 9 other people and being on camera 24/7. (F.Y.I emotions are a weakness)

Really, the whole point of this post is to thank everyone who has been so supportive. All of the "good lucks," "congratulations," and "go gettem's," have been so thoughtful and appreciated. It means so much to me that so many people believe in me and support my crazy goals. The best part in all of this is that me being selected as a finalist proves that if you really want something and you're determined to get it...you will.

If you are interested in the show and you want to learn more you can go to www.foodnetwork.com/star and learn all about the other finalists and get a sneak peek of the challenges they put us through.

I'll be posting about the show as much as I can (within the bounds of my contract) to give you as much behind the scenes information as possible. Thanks again for your support!

5 comments:

Chelsie said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for this Kels!! I have been telling everyone about it! You're amazing! Love ya girl!

Carlee Hoopes said...

I watched everything a few days ago on Foodnetwork.com and I have seen the commercials on the Food Network. I can't wait for the premiere! I think you are by far the most likable contestant and I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Kate Hulet said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!! the sneak peak on the computer, I watch it like every other day!!!!! P.S. you do the best job!

Betsy said...

I saw a commercial for the new season the other day, and I was like, "It's Kelsey!!! I know her!!" I'm so excited!

Diana said...

I saw the commercial in New York and started freekingout! That is amazing! Wow way to go. Talk about stressful, but I'm sure Bobby loved you.