Wednesday, April 9, 2008

g: guacamole


welcome spring...welcome avocados...
welcome guacamole with lime chips!

ingredients:
3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C. diced onion
3 T. chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 pinch cumin

preparation:
in a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cumin. Refrigerate for 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately if you just can't wait.

serving suggestion: lime chips 

3 comments:

Kelly M said...

Yum! I am a lover of guacamole- especially when it's fresh! I actually just made some last night for a Mexican dinner I made for some of Richard's family that was in town. All I did was mash up avacados with lime juice and then season it with onion salt, garlic powder, and cumin. And it turned out great. Next time I'll have to try this recipe.

Chelsie said...

Mmm I'm pretty sure I could eat avacodos all day long. Thanks for the recipe!

Janessa said...

Kels, I love your blog. I wish I could take cooking lessons from you! Good luck on Food Network!!!