Monday, February 1, 2010

the best food I ate in 2009

In no particular order, I would like to document (some of) the best food I enjoyed in 2009. It was a delicious year filled with many food memories. I've already started my list for 2010.

Summer cherries from Union Square Greenmarket
Pumpkin shakes as an alternative to pumpkin pie this year
The incredible dishes that were prepared using the "secret ingredient" at the Iron Chef America battle that I had the opportunity to participate in as a judge. Airing this April!
Gelato in Paris
Lunch at Avec in Chicago: Chorizo stuffed Medjool dates with smoked bacon & piquillo pepper tomato sauce & Shaved brussel sprouts salad with fennel, dill, parmesan, red onion and brown butter vinaigrette...mmmmm
The burger at Market Table on Carmine Street
My mom's Cranberry Salad during the holidays
My (25th!) birthday dinner at La Petite Tonnelle in Beynac, France
To die for Apple Pastry from Poilane in Paris

What was the best thing you ate last year?

6 comments:

southern daze said...

The best food I ate this year came on our anniversary trip to NYC. The burger & brussel sprout hash at The Little Owl blew my mind. I've never enjoyed brussel sprouts and now I can't get them out of my mind. The chocolate chip cookie at Levain Bakery also continues to have me salivating at the mere thought. A return trip needs to be planned ASAP!

Jenny said...

Soooo jealous you got to judge iron chef. My husband and I love that show :) looks like some scrumptious dishes throughout the year.

Julie E. said...

The chocolate waffles at Max Brenner's has to top my list :). Love all your yummy food pictures.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That gelato is beautiful! Difficult question to answer, but I must say that the mini bananas foster cakes my friends and I made are what stands out for me the most.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That gelato is beautiful! Difficult question to answer, but I must say that the mini bananas foster cakes my friends and I made are what stands out for me the most.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey -- i am going to be staying at the La maissonette this July. I am wondering if there are any MUST DO's. I love th ehot air balloon ride, but anything else? If you have a second, Email me at urelindsey@hotmail.com. thanks -- and you are darling!