Thursday, June 11, 2009

summer corn salad

If you look closely, this salad has been popping up all over our dinner plates this summer. This Summer Corn Salad recipe is a family favorite straight from the Barefoot Contessa. The first time Robby saw my family's undying love for this salad was when my Dad pulled it out for a midnight snack one evening and polished it off. It's simple and delicious and seems to capture the flavors of summer so nicely. Enjoy!

Summer Corn Salad


Yield: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
6 ears of corn, shucked
1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Thank you for the recipe, I have been looking for a good one.

anna said...

mmm this sounds delicious!

Betsy said...

Made this for enrichment this week and my bowl was the first empty one on the buffet table. By a long shot. Such a simple and delicious recipe!

Panda Queen said...

We had that just the other night! So yummy!

Kelly M said...

Not to be too picky, but is there more to this recipe? Or do you just mix all the other ingredients with the corn and that goes without saying? The kids and I got to pick a TON of corn for free last night and I'm excited to try this out now! But I'm such a recipe follower, I want to make sure I do it right. :)