Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Great Burger Debate


Ever since I gave up being on a diet all the time (life got A LOT better) and I discovered my new favorite food...the all-American burger. I think this also correlates with my love for sandwiches, but that's another post for another day.

Over the past month or so I've been back and forth from L.A. to Salt Lake. In addition to meetings, my main mission has been deciding which burger "reigns supreme"...


Hires Big H vs. In-N-Out


Now most of you reading probably have an existing opinion. I have tried very hard to be unbiased and this post has been on my mind for a solid month. See results below:

You can't beat the classic atmosphere of In-N-Out burger. Just walking into this joint makes me feel like I'm on vacation (No, I'm not from California). Their freshly cut fries, are unbeatable as well. But, when it comes to the burger, Hires Big H wins it for me. Both burgers wear the "special sauce" and have great tasting patties, but the bun, it's the bun that puts me over the edge with Hires Big H.

Confessions
* The past (3) 48 hour trips I've taken to LA have included at least 2 In-N-Out visits.
* I eat at Hires Big H at least once a week.


9 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Have you ever ordered your In-N-Out burger "Animal Style"? (It's on their secret menu.) My husband is obsessed with In-N-Out and I wasn't really a fan until he finally convinced me to order my burger "Animal Style." Now I crave it daily. I really can't judge one over the other though because I have never tried Hires Big H. I have seen it in SLC often, but never knew if it was any good. I will FOR SURE have to give it a try now. It looks great!

Katrina said...

I've never been to Hires Big H, but now I totally want that burger! Next time I'm in SLC I'm checking it out for sure.

Chelsie said...

Mmm I love Hires!! When Brandon and I went for a getaway in Salt Lake befor Coop was born....you'd think we would go to some nice restaurant...nope we both wanted Hires....so much better than any 40 dollar meal could ever be....

matt said...

The undisputed Best Burger in LA is at Father's Office in Santa Monica.

http://www.fathersoffice.com/

You will wonder why you ever at another burger.

kylie said...

AMEN SISTA! hires big h all the way!

Kelly M said...

Great post! I'm a big In N Out fan- cheeseburger with grilled onions, french fries and a strawberry shake, so delicious! But it's been a while since I've had Hires, so I'll have to give them another try this summer before I can really say who wins. I definitely think the bun can make or break the deal, so I'm anxious to try it out now. One more thing to do during our two weeks in Utah! :)

hudd and anna said...

have you tried the garlic burger at the cotton bottom? ps. this is hudd. SUCKAAA!!! your life is crazy

lybberty said...

Second on Matt's vote for Father's Office. I've eaten burgers at a number of different places--including the ones you list--and they aren't even in the same ballpark as the Father's Office burger. Be sure and order their sweet potato fries too--also far superior to In-n-out's freshly made ones.

In short, Father's Office, Santa Monica, best ever.

Anonymous said...

5 Guys Burgers and Fries!