Tuesday, March 11, 2008

my tribute to the sandwich


sand·wich
noun

a. Two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them.
b. A partly split long or round roll containing a filling.
c. One slice of bread covered with a filling.

I've recently gained a greater appreciation for the all-american sandwich. Whether it's the classic hamburger, reuben, or tuna with pickles...a sandwich always seems to hit the spot.

My vote for the greatest sandwich of all time definitely goes to the (drum roll please...) BLT. That's right, nothing beats tomatoes grown in the garden, a nice thick slice of bacon, crisp lettuce, and a smooth swipe of mayo all layered in between 2 pieces of soft white bread.

Do yourself and your loved ones a favor this week...make a really, really good sandwich and appreciate it like you would a gourmet meal.
Bon Appetit

1 comments:

kylie said...

this makes me so happy sister! i'm so excited for more posts from my favorite person.